Monday, July 27, 2009

How should I cut and style my sometimes wavy and sometimes curly hair? Favorite hair products you re

So heres the deal. I have curly hair. My ringlets are loose enough that if i brush it while it dries it will turn out wavy and a little frizzy... but is there a cut that would look good with this hair type? and is there a way that i could have side swept bangs that don't need to be blowed dryed? If my face shape matters, i have a long face thats slightly square. And my body type is thin. If you have any good ideas for cuts, styles and also products i could use please help!!!!!



How should I cut and style my sometimes wavy and sometimes curly hair? Favorite hair products you recomend?

CONDITION YOURSELF



The irregular shape of ringlets tends to increase the friction among individual strands, so without regular conditioning you can get a lot of tangling and breakage. Use shampoos and conditioners made to define curls and also those that contain heat-activated moisturizers to reduce frizziness from blow drying.



NEVER ENOUGH CONDITIONING



Curls can be difficult to untangle, particularly when wet (when hair is most delicate). A leave-in conditioner or conditioning spray will help separate strands for easier combing. Apply the products with your hands and fingers to get out the larger tangles and knots and then use a wide-tooth comb.



BEST TOOLS



If you think air-drying might give you a more polished, shiny look - you're wrong. Airdrying doesn't give the definition and bounce that curls need. Make an investment in a diffuser, which reduces the air flow to a gentle halo of heat, which also allows you to finger-shape curls for a more controlled look.



SHAPE IT UP



If you're still unable to get your curls under control, maybe it's time for a new cut. A cut with long layers (no shorter than mouth) is usually the key to curly heads. A blunt cut cut result in a pyramid shape and doesn't allow the hair to really move



How should I cut and style my sometimes wavy and sometimes curly hair? Favorite hair products you recomend?

OMG you have just described my hair!!!! andmy body type, and my face.



and here is my hairapy



Layers ( a little on the medium/long side). Hair curls better when it's cut in long layers. Since i layered my hair, it' never looked better



face shape always matters. If you have a square shaped face, layers will do you wonders. Your curls will soften your features and when you blow dry your hair, the layers will also help soften your features. It's a win win.



My friend has wavy hair and she got side swept bangs and they look great but ask a stylist at a great salon for advice. Thats what i'm gonna do on my next trip to the salon.



SUNSILK SUNSILK SUNSILK!!!!



my hair is wavy when it wants to be and curly every other day. It gets a little frustrating and i dont always have time to blow dry it straight (never flat iron!! it's murder to your strands), so I use their anti frizz and anti pouff products and I deep condition every time I wash with the pink deep conditioner.



when hair is wet add the leave in conditioners (notice plural) and a little JOHN FRIEDA curl enhancing spray and you'll have knockout curls. =)



I garauntee these are the only products that have worked on my hair without drying them out.



I like to air dry because heat will always dry out your strands, or the flowing air will just make my hair even more pouffy. My trick is to add the leave in conditioners and (sometimes) gel and leave it alone. I dont touch it until it'd dry. If you want a part in your hair, part while still wet and let dry in that style.



PS. adding a little gel while its still went wont hurt either when it really humid or windy out. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment