Saturday, July 25, 2009

How do you deal with thick, coarse, wavy, damaged hair?

My hair right now is a mess. It is about shoulder length. It is very damaged from several curl perms, straightening perms, coloring, highlights, and weather, in my lifetime. I don't know how to bring it back to life!! It has never been all that great hair, but after I started putting in the chemicals, my hair really deteriorated. Right now, it is curly from a perm a few months ago. It is very damaged and rough. I have a lot of frizz. I try to use moisturizers, but they only go so far. Does anyone know of any method, remedy, or product, that could save my hair?



How do you deal with thick, coarse, wavy, damaged hair?

Shave it and start over



How do you deal with thick, coarse, wavy, damaged hair?

Well here's what I did when I had that problem--I found Nexxus Therappe shampoo and there's a conditioner (Humectress) that goes with it (I found it recently as a gift boxed set at Walmart). I used it exclusively and my hair became hair again. My friend color processes her hair and used the flat iron and so I sent her this gift set and she too has said her hair feels like hair again. It really does work and it's not overly/ungodly expensive.



How do you deal with thick, coarse, wavy, damaged hair?

You are going to have to cut it off. You might not have to cut it all of, depending on how bad the condition is. I had to cut of all of my hair, then I did the natural thing for about 6 months, next I finally permed it and it came out gorgeous. You may even like the short cut. I loved it while it was there but I wanted my hair back.



How do you deal with thick, coarse, wavy, damaged hair?

hey. i have coarse frizzy curly hair. anyway, this is what i would suggest you use:



-infusium 23 products, shampoo, conditioner, leave in conditioner, they're really good products and they're easy to find and cheap too.



-tresemme shampoo works really well too for making hair healthy and again, it's cheap



i'd say to use those products and let your hair grow out without doing anything else to it. your normal hair is in there, you just have to stop putting chemicals in it and wait till it grows out. as soon as it starts growing out go get a hair cut and get your ends cut so you can get rid of the dead hair.



if you straighten your hair, don't use a flat iron for your entire hair. blow dry it first, and then use the flat iron, that way you don't fry it so much. make sure you always put on heat protection serums or leave in conditioner.



i have really frizzy coarse curly hair but i take care of it and i always get compliments on it especially when i straighten it. it always feels kind of funny cause when i get compliments i always think of how frizzy my hair really is if i don't take care of it. it's like a big curly fro. and i'm hispanic. anyway that's all.



hope that helps!



How do you deal with thick, coarse, wavy, damaged hair?

You don't have to cut it off, but you do have to start over. And NO more chemicals!



You may need to weave it until your new hair grows in. If you like urban styles, you could get braids. They REALLY help the hair grow out. And you're not combing or tugging or heating it up every day. (It was easier for me to keep my damaged hair, and let it grow out. That way I could see it growing from the roots and when all my color had grew out, and all the split ends were gone, I knew i had all new healthy hair.) One day all your damaged hair will just be at the vey ends and you will know you are almost there.



You HAVE to trim your ends because damaged/split ends won't hold a curl or straight iron or style. Even-ing them off with a trim will help styling until it all grows out. And lots of hot oil treatments. My hair loves them! (Also, you may want to try products with silicone in them.)



How do you deal with thick, coarse, wavy, damaged hair?

Try using creme of nature shampoo and conditioner. Every other wash a Pantene clarifying shampoo followed by creme of nature conditioner. It really works. I had the same problem because I was not restoring moisture back into my hair. Also, make sure you're drinking plenty of water on a daily basis as water replenish moisture to your entire body including your hair and nails. Put life back into your hair.



How do you deal with thick, coarse, wavy, damaged hair?

you go to a (NICE) salon and you get it cut and prettied up lol!



How do you deal with thick, coarse, wavy, damaged hair?

No more chemicals. Go to walmart/target whereever and buy the WEt2Dry straightener(works good, actualy doesl ess damage than a blowdryerwill do to your hair), heat protector spray, deep conditioner(Aussie 3 minute miracle really is a miracle), and some frizz serum. And have fun! lol

1 comment:

  1. KMS Shampoo and Conditioner. They're pricier than your usual drugstore fare but well worth it.

    Start with the Silksheen (pink) as it's a more gentle cleanser and a better moisturizer.

    Once your hair is a little less fried you can continue on with Moistrepair (blue.) It still helps brittle hair but its less careful about the cleansing.

    ReplyDelete